How the pictures look mounted
Limited Edition Prints - Folkestone
Limited Edition Prints - Rye
Limited Edition Prints - Seascapes
Limited Edition Prints Hastings Bexhill
Open Edition Prints - Folkestone
Open Edition Prints - Hastings
Open Edition Prints - Rye
Open Edition Prints - Seascape
Hall of Crafts 2019
Peasmarsh Memorial Hall
Peasmarsh, East Sussex TN31 6YA
- Saturday 22nd JUNE 11am to 5pm
- Saturday 20th JULY 11am to 5pm
- Saturday 17th August11am to 5pm
- Saturday 21st September 11am to 5pm
- Saturday 19th October 11am to 5pm
- Saturday 16th November 11am to 5pm
- Saturday 14th December 11am to 4pm
- So if your looking for the ideal gift or something special then look no further. All handmade crafts and arts sold here. Also, we have a great snack bar with homemade cakes and hot and cold foods i.e. our famous super burgers and bacon in baps ect. Tables still available to book.
Table costs 10.00 each.
The magic of Michael's artwork lies in his ability to use his artistic creativity to show vibrant colour and a quirky interpretation of buildings, landscapes and seascapes.
He manages to capture the resonance of each depicted scene.
Michael uses the media of watercolour and acrylic on canvas. He tends to favour acrylics for their quick drying properties allowing for his inspiration to flow.
Apart from vivid imaginary seascapes with moody skies and isolated boats; Michael's paintings are mainly of scenes in Kent and East Sussex. Many photographs are taken in each location to achieve the desired portrayal. From these he works in the early hours of the morning when returning from work often at 2am.
Born in Folkstone in 1970, Michael grew up initially in Lydd, Kent, and then in Camber, East Sussex, finally moving to the Rye area. From a young age he showed an artistic talent, mainly concentrating on paintings of small wild animals and birds. It was much later that he developed his own special interpretation of scenery and buildings. The Ancient town of Rye proved an ideal subject for this.
Commission paintings of much loved homes are now also in demand.
Michael's other interest is working with wood. He is a trained cabinet maker and skilled picture framer, having an exacting eye for choice of the correct moulding and mount for each picture.